Wednesday, November 5, 2008

THE PEOPLE HAVE SPOKEN

I Samuel 8:4-9


4 Then all the elders of Israel gathered themselves together, and came to Samuel unto Ramah,
5 And said unto him, Behold, thou art old, and thy sons walk not in thy ways: now make us a king to judge us like all the nations.
6 But the thing displeased Samuel, when they said, Give us a king to judge us. And Samuel prayed unto the LORD.
7 And the LORD said unto Samuel, Hearken unto the voice of the people in all that they say unto thee: for they have not rejected thee, but they have rejected me, that I should not reign over them.
8 According to all the works which they have done since the day that I brought them up out of Egypt even unto this day, wherewith they have forsaken me, and served other gods, so do they also unto thee.
9 Now therefore hearken unto their voice: howbeit yet protest solemnly unto them, and shew them the manner of the king that shall reign over them.


From time past GOD has always hearkened to the voice of His people and this election is no different. I chose the scripture text in I Samuel as a prime example of the LORD listening to the voice of His people. Whether the king would be just or unjust GOD knew, yet he hearkened to the voice of His people. I guess I could have titled this subject GOD’s people have spoken, because as I searched briefly to try and find a census concerning the number of Christians in America versus Non-Christians I could not get a very consistent total but I did find that in each case whether it be a Census or Gallup poll the evidence was still clear that in America the percentage of Christians where higher than Non-Christians. The people have spoken and now we have our president. For Black Americans this is a monumental mild stone and that fact cannot be denied whether you voted for Obama or not. Whether you were for Obama or McCain, the people have spoken and GOD has allowed his people to have what they want, again I state whether just or unjust GOD knows and HE is still on the throne. My plea to you today (as some of you may be very fretful) God has a plan for HIS Kingdom and it will prevail regardless of who is or who is not president. Our continued concern needs to be the commission that the LORD gave to us in Matthew 28:19,20, Mark 16:15 and Luke 24:47, He said to go out and preach the Gospel in His name.

I am writing to encourage all of my friends and one thing I dare not to be is wishy-washy for I have friends and love ones who voted for either candidate and I will not have a debate on that issue. My issue is that we have peace in knowing that the LORD’s will be done and that We as a Christian people are allowed by GOD as we can see in I King to (sometimes) have what we want, but the important issue is, what are we going to do about the GOSPEL. While we rejoice or grumble about the presidency there are people, even loved ones we know dying and going to Hell and we have a responsibility to rescue as many of them from the pits of Hell as possible. I pray that you will take this word of exhortation as just that and please don’t make it a controversial issue. And if you’re curious as to whom I voted for give me a call if you have my number and most of my readers do or email me.

Blessings to All and as always,
Simply Trusting,
Tammy Martinez

PRAISE be to GOD for His Mercy Endureth FOREVER!

3 comments:

  1. As I was walking to work this morning I was thinking of this same scripture where the people were asking for someone to lead them. Althought it may or may not be the right choice the Lord gives us the freedom to choose as he does with our souls. We have the ability to choose where we will go when it is our time to leave this earth behind. Praise the Lord we have his word to guide us and to inspire us to persuade the people towards salvation and see his wonderful blessings. Now that we have a new President our duty is to pray that the Lord guide him and that the Lord have mercy on his people. Let us all continue to pray the direction our nation will take these following years.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen Tammy and Linda! You are so right. We have to pray for our new President. We also need to support him. Philippians 2:14-17 instructs us to "Do all things without murmurings and disputings: That ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God, without rebuke, in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation, among whom ye hsine as lights in the world; Holding forth the word of life; that I may rejoice in the day of Christ, that I have not run in vain, neither laboured in vain." It is not about him, or them, and it never was. It's always about the purposes and intents of our own heart.
    submitted by Louise

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Tammy for your continued obedience to what the Spirit is saying in these last days.
    Esther

    ReplyDelete

Remember as you submit your comments think of the following scripture:

That I may publish with the voice of thanksgiving, and tell of all thy wondrous works. Psalms 26:7