Tuesday, November 18, 2008

It's All About The Position Of The Sun


I was thinking about the position of the sun today and that sometimes we may not always see the sun on a cloudy day but we can rest assure that it is there. This is the way our Christian walk is sometimes, there is so much gloom and cloudiness that we can't see the SON, but we can rest assure that He is there. I read a lovely poem today by Helen Steiner Rice and it goes like this:


Life is a mixture of sunshine and rain,
Laughter and pleasure, teardrops and pain,
All days can't be bright but it's certainly true,
There was never a cloud the sun didn't shine through
So just keep on smiling, whatever betide you,
Secure in the knowledge that GOD is always beside you,
And you'll find when you smile, your day will be brighter
And all of your burdens will seem so much lighter
For each time you smile, you will find it is true
Somebody, somewhere, will smile back at you,
And nothing on earth can make life more worthwhile
Than the sunshine and warmth of a beautiful smile.

So where is the position of the Son in your life, please don't allow the clouds to block out the majestic rays of GOD's love and hope in your life. Smile because you'll never know what a blessing that will be to someone. I am so thankful for all of the smiles that I receive from my dear family and friends, whether it be through the phone, in person or by letter, they always make my day. So as Paul said in Philippians 4:4, " Rejoice in the Lord alway: and again I say, Rejoice."

I pray the GOD of peace upon you all and may He reign in you all!!

All To the Glory of GOD and as always,
Simply Trusting,
Tammy Martinez

2 comments:

  1. Amazing with all the whining and complaining that I do, to realize that I have nothing at all to complain or whine about! I would that I could, like Paul, be content in whatsoever state I find myself (Philippians 4:11).Rejoice in the Lord alway: and again I say, Rejoice. (Philippians 4:4)
    Sister Louise

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know how the songs of the LORD get stuck in your head and radiate through your every thought and action? It happens to me a lot. Case in point, I just read your post and I was so fired up that I actually repeated Philippians 4:4 in my response, which I had just read from your post! Now how redundant is that! But, you know what, I'm still glad to have that song coursing through my soul today. (With music please...) Rejoice in the LORD alway, and again I say Rejoice. Rejoice in the LORD alway, and again I say Rejoice. Rejoice, Rejoice, and again I say rejoice. Rejoice, rejoice, and again I say rejoice. Rejoice in the LORD alway, and again I say rejoice.

    You know, the thing about that song is there is never an ending. And there shouldn't be an ending as far as we're concerned either.

    ReplyDelete

Remember as you submit your comments think of the following scripture:

That I may publish with the voice of thanksgiving, and tell of all thy wondrous works. Psalms 26:7