Friday, November 7, 2008

An Invitation To Rest


When is the last time you have experienced a true Sabbath? A time of just you and the LORD? Does this sound strange or archaic to you? To make sure that I am not being too presumptuous I would like to extended a "Praise the LORD" to those of you who actually do practice a Sabbath. I can’t remember the last time that I have practiced a Sabbath, I hope I have and maybe it just slipped my memory, but I doubt it. I will just say that as of last Sunday, November 2nd I actually rested in the LORD, all day long! It was an exciting time, one of the best days I have had with the LORD. I did'nt even plan on it in advance, I wanted the opportunity to take myself by surprise. You know how you can make big plans and then what happens? Well, they go awry of course! Well, as I said ,I hadn't planned on it, I just did it. I started early in the morning before anyone woke up and I had a beautiful time of prayer with the LORD. I sort of felt separated from everyone, it was a strange feeling, but I later I realized it was a type of sanctification. I didn’t quarantine myself from everyone or anything like that, I just had the mind of keeping my heart turned towards the LORD. We had services at the nursing home that Sunday and it was wonderful time of singing, preaching, praising and worshipping the LORD. When we got home, I continued my Sabbath by reading the WORD of GOD and I read and studied all day long. It was amazing, I was resting in the LORD and resting in HIS WORD.

You have know idea ( if you haven’t done it ) what the LORD will do when you yield yourself totally to HIM. I am currently writing a message that the LORD has laid on my heart and as I was continuing to write, the LORD gave me clarity of thought, he opened my understanding and my fingers could hardly keep up with my thoughts.

Here is the Challenge, as we are beginning to start our weekend ask the LORD to give you the desire to consecrate a day to Him this coming week and see if you will not be blessed beyond measure. WARNING!!!! The Flesh and the Devil DO NOT want this happened and will do anything within their power to stop it. The flesh just wants to have fun and seek after pleasures and desire for itself and Satan, well he just plain hates our Father and detests anything associated with HIM, therefore he knows the closer we get to the LORD, the stronger our armor will be and the hold he continually tries to have on the saints will grow weaker. Remember Ephesians 6:12,13 says, "For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand."

You know what? I enjoyed my Sabbath so much I think I'll do it again. Join me and be blessed!

As Always,
Simply Trusting
Tammy Martinez

1 comment:

  1. Sister Tammy thank you for following God's prompting to minister to the hearts of women as you do. I enjoyed what you wrote regarding taking a Sabbath. I'm so glad you took the time to share your experience with me and others in hope we will all do the same.

    Deep love in Christ, your NC sister.

    ReplyDelete

Remember as you submit your comments think of the following scripture:

That I may publish with the voice of thanksgiving, and tell of all thy wondrous works. Psalms 26:7