Thursday, November 27, 2008

50/20 Vision

It has been very busy around my camp, but rest assured the LORD has been foremost on my mind. I do apologize for the delay in my writing and it is amazing just when you think no one cares the LORD always sends that special “one” to sAdd Imageay, “hey, I haven’t heard from you lately and I’m hungry,” and with that loving word, I am humbled.

As we celebrate Thanksgiving, I must stop and reflect on all the wonderful icings on the many cakes that the LORD blesses me with on a daily basis. We should never take for granted the Family, Friends and even Foes that the LORD puts in our paths of life. The LORD has diligently placed them in our lives for a reason and for a purpose. Our family and friends keep us grounded and our enemies keep us on our knees. I am so thankful for everyone that has entered into my life whether they be a rose or a thorn, I have been continually blessed. Thank You LORD for all of your blessings and for EVERYTHING that you have allowed to enter into my life. I pray that as we press forward to the upcoming year that we may all grab a strong hold of the vision that the LORD has set before us. HE is a GOD of wonder and miracles, HE is a GOD of Might and Power, HE is a GOD that gives good gifts to His children when they ask, and HE is a GOD who hears our prayers. WE serve a GOD that transcends the wisdom and knowledge of this world and with this knowledge, we have been blessed beyond belief.

I love the Character of Joseph of the Old Testament; I believe that he had such an understanding heart towards GOD, that as you notice in scripture, he never complained during His captivity after being betrayed by his jealous brothers. Knowing all the while that he was an innocent man endured with patients the trials that were set before him. There is one thing that I took away from this whole account and I will share it with you. It is the ability to have 50/20 vision, that is Deuteronomy 50:20, which reads:

“But as for you, ye thought evil against me; but God meant it unto good, to bring to pass, as it is this day, to save much people alive.”

What a vision of the future, and a vision of hope and most importantly that GOD has EVERYTHING under control. The world and even misguided friends may desire harmful things to happen to you because of jealousy, likes Josephs older brothers. But that is perfectly okay, because GOD will bring to pass good things, not only to you but possibly to many more people than yourself.

I challenge you to read the account of Joseph beginning in Genesis 37 when we enter his life at tender young age of 17. I caution you this, that as you read, put on the mind of Christ and lean not unto your own understanding. I have heard many a preacher say terrible things against this blessed man of GOD. They used terms such as spoiled, tattle-tail and I digress to say more as it is vexing to my spirit that we would dare to judge such a righteous young man according to our own understanding. That is why Proverbs 3:5 clearly says, “Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.” I’m sure that as you read this account in the Spirit of GOD, you will be encouraged to stay in the battle and to let HIM take care of the foes and trials in your life and like Joseph you will be able to continually say that, “GOD meant it unto me for GOOD!!“ GOD Bless you and may you continue to grow in the wisdom of the LORD.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Remember as you submit your comments think of the following scripture:

That I may publish with the voice of thanksgiving, and tell of all thy wondrous works. Psalms 26:7