Saturday, November 15, 2008

It’s Time To Get Up!



Well, I have had a roller coaster week of emotional highs and then an anticlimactic fall for (I felt) absolutely know reason at all and through this the LORD showed me some wonderful truths in His WORD.

So many times I believe we take our walk in Christ for granted and we walk about on spiritual highs with great spiritual prowess and prideful-ness; with our heads held high and our arms bristly swinging from side to side with great confidence (“ for we are the children of the king, the most high GOD, you know!”) and then without warning, we fail to see the deep pit in the road and of course with unbelief and dismay we plummet to the ground in utter disbelief, “how in the world could this have happened to me, I am so spiritually filled” we say to ourselves with an inkling of self-righteous indignation. 'Au contraire mon frair', we must suffer and glory in the lows as well as the highs.

Although I jest a little (which is not really convenient) I want to share some scriptural nuggets and thoughts with you today from GOD’s Word. Psalm 73:26 says, “My flesh and my heart faileth: but God is the strength of my heart, and my portion for ever.” This is the principle thing, we are to put our trust in GOD and him alone. We can be deceived by our feelings and the passions of our heart can sometimes be fleeting, being tossed to and fro. One moment your gliding on the wings of an eagle and the next thing your groveling in the dirt, but that should NEVER affect the awesome work that is continually being done in you through our LORD and SAVIOUR JESUS CHRIST. I love it when David said, “The LORD will perfect that which concerneth me: thy mercy, O LORD, endureth for ever: forsake not the works of thine own hands.” The LORD will perfect the work that he has begun in us. I take that scripture very personal during my low periods and I will trust in His Word. As I have struggled with a few low periods this week I have also heard from some of my Sisters-In-Christ who have had low and even desperate periods in their lives this week too, but they have purposed to stay in the fight. I tell people all the time even if you do give up who are you giving up to? And even if you do give up who is there to care? I believe it is even appropriate to say that in giving up on the LORD it is a terrible sin, because in essence we are saying that His word is not true, Numbers 23:19 says, “God is not a man, that he should lie; neither the son of man, that he should repent: hath he said, and shall he not do it? or hath he spoken, and shall he not make it good?” Our LORD is so compassionate and loves His children in their lowly states and he desires to lift us up by His right hand. I am encouraged today to write of His goodness and desire to lend a word of encouragement. I want to encourage you to have a merry heart today and every day for Proverbs 15:13 says, “ A merry heart maketh a cheerful countenance: but by sorrow of the heart the spirit is broken.” I also want to give you a good word today and ask you to stand upright in the LORD for Proverb 12:25 says, “Heaviness in the heart of man maketh it stoop: but a good word maketh it glad.” So be glad in the LORD today and do rejoice in that you are a child of the King, The Most High GOD! Amen.

Be Blessed and Triumphantly
Simply Trusting,
Tammy Martinez

1 comment:

  1. Ahh, yes; emotional roller coaster rides are akin to my sometimes weary heart. Hebrews 12:2 is one of many Scriptures that keep my heart on track in trying times. It says, "Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of [our] faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God." Thank you for sharing from your heart, Sister Tammy.

    Purposing to run with patience (Heb 12:1),
    Your NC Sister in Christ

    ReplyDelete

Remember as you submit your comments think of the following scripture:

That I may publish with the voice of thanksgiving, and tell of all thy wondrous works. Psalms 26:7