Wednesday, December 17, 2008

How's About A Smile


I received a phone call from my daughter yesterday and she asked me an exciting question. She said have you ever just picked your bible up and been excited and overjoyed that you had it. And then I received a sweet email from my sister this morning and it was about Natural Highs (things that make you happy or make you smile.) In this world filled with so much ungodliness sometimes you find so little to smile about and I am so grateful for people such as my daughter and my sister who have the ability to make me smile with such beautiful thoughts. I was especially overjoyed by my daughter who at twenty-two years of age has a love for the Word of GOD! I knew exactly what she meant because there have been times when I have picked up my bible embraced it and realized I was actually holding the WORDS of GOD! What a powerful thought and most importantly you have to know what is in the bible in order to be excited about it and by GOD’s grace my daughter knows what’s inside it and appreciates it and so do I. I pray that you all have people in your lives that make you smile and even laugh. Yesterday I went to pick up one of my wee little Sisters-in-Christ to take her and my son to a book club party and when I drove up she had on reindeer antlers and a reindeer nose that lit up! I laughed so hard I was revived. Earlier that morning I was feeling rather out of sorts and a tad bit tired and just plain Blah! But my little friend gave me the boost I needed to get revived and I must say it was much healthier than caffeine.

Let us rejoice in the LORD always, Let us be glad that this is the day that the LORD has made. Let us be satisfied with all the goodness of GOD and all the blessings that the righteous receive of HIM.

“O satisfy us early with thy mercy; that we may rejoice and be glad all our days.”
Psalms 90:14

Be Blessed and Always Trusting,
Tammy Martinez

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Sister Tammy:

    thank you for that apt message on UNITY. This is a biblical subject near and dear to my heart. While "world peace" will never fully be achieved on earth, all of us in the body of Christ must at least continue to make the effort to demonstrate the peace of Christ in our lives by walking in the unity of His Holy Spirit. May the Lord continually bless you as you share His word to those of us hungry for Him.

    Eager to meet the Lord in the air,
    Sister Audrie
    1 Thessalonians 4:17

    ReplyDelete

Remember as you submit your comments think of the following scripture:

That I may publish with the voice of thanksgiving, and tell of all thy wondrous works. Psalms 26:7